TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: new guy from Blackpool
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:45 am 
650 cc Monster

Greetings Paul,

Welcome to you from your neighbours of the Manchester Group.

Assuming from the title of your Post you are in the Blackpool area, you therefore have relatively easy access to a number of Groups all of whom you will find most welcoming. If you follow the link then you should find the contact details of those that you might be interested in; http://www.trf.org.uk/find-your-regional-group/

If you have not already made a purchase then I would recommend that you hold fire and try contacting the Groups for advice and local knowledge, there might even be somebody selling a suitable bike. About six years ago that was what I did, I was looking for a certain marque but ended up buying a different one from one of the Members, I still have that bike which is my favourite of the two trail bikes that I own.

Trail riding can be a bit of a compromise bearing in mind work/family/lifestyle choices, financial restraints, physical size of the bike and the rider, clothing, where to ride, etc.......... :lol:

Good luck with your choice.

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:28 pm 
50 cc

Paul2129 wrote:
Good stuff. It's not something I've ever tried. I watched the video "100 walkers / 100 horse riders" somewhere on the website, that's the most I've seen of the varied places that you guys go, and it looks awesome

Hi Paul
I am based in Blackpool as well been a member about 12 month but working abroad I have n't had much time for getting out but now back in UK working so desperate now to get out as much as possible.I did manage to get to a meeting at the Manchester group but found it a bit of a trek (far side of Maanchester to us) good set of lads and thoroughly enjoyed the day out in Yorkshire Dales
I am going to the meeting at the Ribbie Valley group this coming Tuesday evening it's a little closer ,introduce myself cetc
I also have a c r f 250 l your welcome to have a look alittle closer at one
Liam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:30 pm 
80 cc

Hi, I'm in Blackpool myself, so I guess Cumbria and Yorkshire might be my closest interesting areas ? News on the bike is that it's on order since today, and shouldn't be long at all

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 pm 
80 cc

Liam, I can't figure out how to PM you, but would be interested to get in touch for sure.

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:45 am 
80 cc

Just an update, I collected my CRF250 last night, it seems great. Not managed to get in touch with anyone from the local groups yet.

Trying to get in touch with Liam who has posted here, not sure how I can message him directly, can anyone help

(Sorry, I'm crap with computers)

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:02 am 
80 cc

Just wondered if Liam can get in touch, I think he's local and has a similar bike ?

Thanks

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:23 pm 
650 cc Monster

I think your best option initially is the Lancashire croup, details below.
Get along to one of their meeting and go from there.
You can't use PM system till a paid up member so get involved with a group first then if you like it join up and pay your fee.

Lancashire Regional Rep: Keith Westley

Meeting Details: Meet 1st Tuesday of the month at 8pm @ The Rigbye Arms, 2 Whittle Lane, High Moor, Wrightinton WN6 9QB

Contact Details:

01704 893215

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2