TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: New rider in Bedfordshire
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:19 pm 
50 cc

Hi all,
I live in Bedford and have decided I might as well take my grossly overweight Yam XT660 Tenere off road every so often and this seemed the best place to join in the hope of finding other newbies in the area.

Any advice will be welcomed but don't expect me to try and fight the brute through knee deep mud because it isn't going to happen...

Post subject: Re: New rider in Bedfordshire
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:46 am 
400 cc

Hi mate

Welcome to the forum.

The good news is that you won't have to ride your XT through knee deep mud in Bedfordshire because the county council (or whatever they are called now) wont let you!

The bad news is that this is because they close almost all the lanes for six or more months every year during the winter/spring.

Still, the up side is that they tend to be in (slightly) better condition as a result and that might be more what your after anyway so good luck.

I'd recommend a ride over towards Cambridgeshire as well, lots of nice lanes out here, some of which are suitable for big trail bikes.

Cheers

Richard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:35 pm 
There are a buch of riders who go out in the Luton, MK, Markyte areas, we arrange meetup via the MKBikers.com site. everything we ride is legal. At this time of year we are not so active as we all have oad bikes as well :) Pop along, you will see me on there with the same ID.

R1Col tends to be the main orgainser :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 pm 
80 cc

hi andy, my name is Rich and i;ve just joined today. if you fancy a bit of a trail some where let me know. i live just south of milton keynes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:22 pm 
50 cc

Thanks to all for the replies, I'll try and get my act together and get out as soon as I can but work is keeping me busy so it might be a few weeks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]