TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: London
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:48 pm 
50 cc

Hey I am new to all this. I have an ace old KLR 600 and was wonderin if anyone plays out around the surrey area. I know alot of the lanes from my landy club (please don't hate me for it) It would be good to ride with other bikes for a change tho.
Cheers

Post subject: Re: London
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:39 pm 
lauralacey wrote:
Hey I am new to all this. I have an ace old KLR 600 and was wonderin if anyone plays out around the surrey area. I know alot of the lanes from my landy club (please don't hate me for it) It would be good to ride with other bikes for a change tho.
Cheers

I think AdamA knows your part of the world....

Post subject: Re: London
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:33 pm 
200 cc

lauralacey wrote:
Cheers

The old KLR600...nicknamed as having chocolate cams for some reason...was a bit of a monster that was difficult to start when hot & heavy on even some easy green lanes. As for the lanes of Surrey...some of the byways of Shere like Beggars Lane would be very taxing going down hill. Coldharbour Wolvens/Crockens Lane would be a lot easier on a big bike but still not easy for a newbie.
The Big Trail Bike Club have members who do regular rides out with people who own similar sized bikes, & they tend to ride suitable terrain for the size of bike.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]