TRF Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New Member - is West Mids TRF Forum Still Live?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:47 am 
50 cc

Hey all,

To cut a long story short, in my youth I used to ride motocross but now in my older years I am thinking of getting my license & riding on/off road.

I live south Birmingham at that moment & essentially before taking the plunge I'm trying to find out what options I have to ride in the area?

I have tried to join the West Midlands group (emailed admin as instructed & also put in a join request), however I am yet to get a response from either so can't access the forum?

Please could anyone help advise me?

Thanks

Brent

Post subject: New Member - is West Mids TRF Forum Still Live?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:55 am 
650 cc Monster

Hi Brent.

How long ago did you contact them?

A recent complaint I looked into was over a 1 hour wait for a response !!

Generally you join the TRF and elect to join a local group or up to 3 local groups

If you want to contact them to discuss local points before you join the best way is to use their contact details available here http://www.trf.org.uk/find-your-regional-group/

Please come back and let us know how you get on

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

Post subject: Re: New Member - is West Mids TRF Forum Still Live?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:48 am 
50 cc

Hi Mario.costasa,

I sent an email to the email address on the west mids website & put in an application to join the forum (awaiting approval) about x2 weeks ago maybe more ?

I've still not had a response & my application to join the forum hasn't yet been approved so I'm unable to contact anyone?

I will take a look at your link though, thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 am 
80 cc

Some groups keep their local forums to members only for understandable security concerns over bike theft.

As you are not yet a TRF member the best approach is probably to turn up at a TRF meeting.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:25 am 
650 cc Monster

Therein still lies a long standing problem of new members finding it difficult to make contact.
There must be a way of getting some sort of response back to a newbie after a week at absolute worst.
That could be one of the reasons why we get one year only members who then clutter off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:55 pm 
50 cc

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses & my apologies if I've opened a can of worms :cry:

I completely understand the safety concerns obviously; however from previous use of forums you'd need to actually give out your address or for it to be visible in your profile to find stuff like that out. However, irrespective of that if that's the reason I respect it.

I am not a paid member yet no; not against becoming one, but I'm simply after validating whether its worthwhile at this stage, just like getting my license & a bike etc.

I must admit & again please don't think I'm being negative as that is not the intention, but it does feel a little like a closed shop & a little & I am a bit disappointed.

I have emailed the webmaster for the west mids forum again to see if I get any joy; I checked original email sent 15th July.

Goes without saying thank you for reading my thread & I appreciate the replies.

I hope someone is able to help ?

My 32'nd birthday is coming up at the end of August which is when I was thinking about getting my license. Problem is I don't see the point if I've got no where to ride? :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:34 pm 
650 cc Monster

Your best bet is to call the W Midland Group person on the number listed in the contacts section and discuss it with them, I'd have thought.

So far as I know, it's a very active group with lots of knowledgable people in it.

But, even if the West Midland Group is not for you, it's still worth joining the TRF...you can always choose another group.

Best of luck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:01 pm 
50 cc

Hi Richard,

Good shout I'll do that & look up the details.

Failing that I'll drive down to a meet.

Cheers all

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:42 pm 
650 cc Monster

Richard Simpson wrote:
Your best bet is to call the W Midland Group person on the number listed in the contacts section and discuss it with them, I'd have thought.

So far as I know, it's a very active group with lots of knowledgable people in it.

But, even if the West Midland Group is not for you, it's still worth joining the TRF...you can always choose another group.

Best of luck

This whole joining and making contact thing is a long standing 'joke' so don't apologise for opening the can of worms taffyb - it needs airng so someone does something about it - no good asking me as I can't set up computer stuff, just stir things up occasionally.
I had the same trouble when I started this lark 6 years ago and it took someone from the Sussex group 2 months to get back to me so I joined Kent instead but it's worth the wait, I can assure you.

Give them a ring first and say you're coming so someone can look out for you and help you out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:14 pm 
400 cc

Why don't we have a Consultation on it, seems to be the "in" thing to do at the moment?

Rod Jackson

WYTRF

DON'T BE A MARIONETTE

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next