TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The TRF Forum
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:31 am 
650 cc Monster

2 Yams wrote:
My thoughts exactly Hugh, let us have a refreshed....fit for purpose forum and a concerted effort to encourage more members to use it :D

Rod Jackson

But this would defeat the object, if more members used the forum we might all find out more about what is going on and become a cohesive organisation, people would understand the importance of what we are doing and be more willing to help, thereby reducing costs as we would not need to use as many contractors etc.

By the way glad to see you are back. TT :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm 
650 cc Monster

You know what I think... WELL OVERDUE.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:37 pm 
125cc

Joel wrote:
You know what I think... WELL OVERDUE.

+1The photos have been my biggest grievance to show what could be shared with others .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:07 pm 
650 cc Monster

Any business that sets up a website and fails to monitor it is doomed to failure.

It seems very strange to me that the TRF set up a national website/forum for its members and then the Directors do not participate in using it and help the members.
Almost all business websites are monitored hourly and questions asked answered within 24hrs. I know the TRF are a voluntary organisation but why become a dirtector if you are not prepared to help the membership through the forum? This forum is surely a great opportunity to canvass members and become involved.

The fact that no director has come forward and posted any answer shows how low the TRF has got and that no forum innovation is forthcoming and they are happy to see the groups become fragmented and thus out of touch with reality.

Perhaps it is time to forget the forum and each group go their seperate ways.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:51 pm 
650 cc Monster

Aye when I re-started dirtbustin nearly four years ago, I considered 'doing my bit' to be posting ride reports with pics to encourage members, and of course the forum is National, so it's reach was great... But as things are now, with dwindling users and the rise of FB, I feel my endeavours are marginalised somewhat.Not many things were better in 'the old days'...but progress has left this forum out in the cold.Big thanks of course to all the regulars who persevere with it, we are not the Ludites we are the fellowship...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 am 
650 cc Monster

I have emailed the directors:

Good morning

May I respectfully point you to two topics on the forum that I feel are of National TRF interest. Your input would be welcomed.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=21925

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=21924

regards
David Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:45 am 
650 cc Monster

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:36 pm 
125cc

I get the feeling, could be wrong, that making any changes to the forum is always going to be a difficult one to deal with. For instance if you change over to the AdvRider - Waindigo type forum or the KTMForum - vBulletin type forum or any other for that matter, you will get many that like the change but then many that absolutely hate it and choose never to use it again because they dislike the format. You then also have to manage the change which i would imagine is a real headache (possibility of folk losing important ride reports, gpx's, photos, dm's and other posts), i imagine it can all be managed but would be a thankless task due to the potential criticism. Which is probably why anyone that has any control over it is staying clear of it for now.

That said looking at other phpBB forums online, many others do have easy photo posting ability, better looking themes and other such things so i would think the current forum is easily upgradeable to capture and fix all of it's criticisms and make it more useable.

Perhaps all that this really needs is for someone to raise their hand and let the TRF management team know that they would like to take this on and deal with it ? Ask for the keys so to speak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:03 pm 
650 cc Monster

danmoto wrote:
I get the feeling, could be wrong, that making any changes to the forum is always going to be a difficult one to deal with. For instance if you change over to the AdvRider - Waindigo type forum or the KTMForum - vBulletin type forum or any other for that matter, you will get many that like the change but then many that absolutely hate it and choose never to use it again because they dislike the format. You then also have to manage the change which i would imagine is a real headache (possibility of folk losing important ride reports, gpx's, photos, dm's and other posts), i imagine it can all be managed but would be a thankless task due to the potential criticism. Which is probably why anyone that has any control over it is staying clear of it for now.

That said looking at other phpBB forums online, many others do have easy photo posting ability, better looking themes and other such things so i would think the current forum is easily upgradeable to capture and fix all of it's criticisms and make it more useable.

Perhaps all that this really needs is for someone to raise their hand and let the TRF management team know that they would like to take this on and deal with it ? Ask for the keys so to speak

This has been dragging on for ages (a few years now) with loads of promises and nothing forthcoming.
The TRF have an expert/experts looking into it but a distinct apathy form parts on the Board towards the forum.

It is totally unfit for purpose and needs sorting before it folds in on itself.
The forum is the ONLY way the various Groups can talk to each other and should be a prime part of the TRF.

We can't even get a forum that stays logged in for goodness sake!!!
You can see yourself that the photo side of it is a complete shambles now so most pictures render the text miniscule and unreadable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:02 pm 
300 cc

In total there are 1693 users Online. ABR Forum.

In total there are 30 users online. TRF Forum.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next