TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Adverts must be trail or motorcycle orientated. Businesses may advertise but are required to make a donation to the fighting fund please.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Honda XR600 R on a 1995 'N' reg
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:20 pm 
80 cc

Honda XR600R – first registered August 1995.
£1400 ovno

link to photo bucket >>> http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/babyk ... R600R%2096

Bought from a forum member exactly 1 year ago, hardly turned a wheel. After much angst, I've decided to sell. Don't want to but have to...
Yamaha WR upside down fork conversion for far better suspension & braking.
ProTaper bars.
Great retro stylish throw- back to the early days of Jap bikes. Dead reliable & well built.
I bought this bike back in April 2016 for a restoration project & with the intention of doing ‘big bike’ gentle green-laning with my local TRF group. Nothing at all extreme just a bit of pootling around. It’s hardly been out at all due to other commitments.
I always keep a maintenance record of all the work I do on my bikes. All parts that needed replacing straight away have been done with original parts bought from David Silver spares. These Honda engines go on & on and are simple as chuff to work on. Parts are readily available and fit a multitude of years from 80s all the way through to 2k onwards. I'm not going to hide anything it's a bit of a tatty old beast but in a retro, scuffed up way it looks the part. I suppose you could spend a fortune on getting it back to standard but I quite like the battle-scarred look, it’s got history. It starts easily from clap cold without fail once you master the technique, ticks over evenly and runs smoothly through the gears.

Brief history of work done:

D.I.D. O-ring chain.
New 49T rear sprocket.
New lower chain guide & bracket.
New crankshaft inspection cover with O ring seal.
Complete new rear caliper overhaul of slide assembly & rubbers (see photo showing highlighted parts replaced)
Carb stripped & jets sonic cleaned.
Overhaul of rear wheel bearings, bearing retainer, hub spacer, wheel spacers & oil seals. I’m a turner by trade & these are 316 stainless steel so they’ll never need replacing (see photo’s showing bespoke parts)
Exhaust repacked with fresh wadding & new dB killer fitted.
Metz 6 days front, Mitas rear.
Spare used, good Avon Distenzas included if you want to do dual purpose laning & road work.
Valve clearances literally just done.
Fresh oil change & oil filter.
Not ridden since so good to go.
On a Sorn at the moment due to it not being used. MOT has expired. I will MOT it for you if you prefer so you’ll have a full 12 months All paperwork in my name.
Feel free to message me for more details. I’m up North near Leeds, West Yorkshire.

Last edited by yellabell on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Honda XR600 R on a 1995 'N' reg
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:19 pm 
400 cc

Link doesn't work?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:09 pm 
80 cc

Sorted now thanks for the nod

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:30 pm 
80 cc

Just had a full MOT today with no advisories so selling with a 12month ticket. I can also travel with the bike to meet up if distance is an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:29 am 
80 cc

Sold

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]