TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Adverts must be trail or motorcycle orientated. Businesses may advertise but are required to make a donation to the fighting fund please.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Yamaha TT-R 250 2004 Blue tank totally sorted!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:38 pm 
80 cc

I'm selling my tidy little TTR 250.

Genuine reason for selling as going to one bike between this and my BMW R1200GSA, which i'll also be selling in the spring time
Andy Lonnen
Cambridge group
07969 461119
Thanks
Its was first registered in July of 2004, but not sold until April 2005. I have original receipt for sale and first service 600 miles later.
Between then and now it has had 4 keepers including me, since I bought in March 2015 with 7576 miles on the clock. several MOT certs. which confirm milage is genuine. Last MOT it went through with only chain wear as advisory. I have since changed chain and sprockets. MOT is due 25th of Feb 2017, but I'd be happy to put it through so it had 12 months at sale.
The bike was in really sound condition when I bought it and I've changed the oil and filter every 500 miles. They are so easy to work on, you just don't put it off for another day.
With so little to do on it (apart from ride) I've added a few choice parts, like the original carrier rack at the back, new front light surround and small mirrors.
I've recently fitted a new Motad exhaust and (up grade) header pipe, which has pepped up the performance a little and just made it a little more 'crisp' without any increase in noise. I have also fitted new Renthal 'Enduro' 'Daker' handle bars, which only a fraction higher and wider, really improve the comfort when standing up. Standard bars weren't really an issue, but the new ones give a much more 'natural' standing position.
I only put these on in the last month, as didn't have any real intention of selling it.
I also added the little LED lights to improve daytime visibility. These have been fantastic. Not only having the desired effect of being seen much better, but also giving a brilliant spread of light when I've been on the tracks at dusk/dark.
I have collected a variety of useful spares, like inner tubes, cables and levers etc. Fortunately not needed so far!

I have kept an eye on what these bikes are making and ones as good as this are fetching between £2.2 and 2.5K, which is what I'm asking.
This is negotiable with inclusion (or not) with the spares etc. I still have the original bars and exhaust, which are fine and could be replaced to bring the price down etc.
Viewing welcome and test ride in my field, or on road with a hefty wad of cash in my hand as security.
Give me a call or message on here or easier still email andylonnen@hotmail.com where I can send more pics
Thanks for making it though this essay!

Attachments:
File comment: I have the bigger number plate, but made this smaller one to avoid breakage on the tracks
DSC02114.JPG
DSC02114.JPG [ 903.43 KiB | Viewed 5123 times ]
File comment: These lights have been brilliant!
Great spread of light at night and much more noticeable in day to avoid drivers pulling out

DSC02123.JPG
DSC02123.JPG [ 412.36 KiB | Viewed 5123 times ]
DSC02110.JPG
DSC02110.JPG [ 958.13 KiB | Viewed 5123 times ]
DSC02109.JPG
DSC02109.JPG [ 942.52 KiB | Viewed 5123 times ]

Last edited by AZL on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Yamaha TT-R 250 2004 Blue tank totally sorted!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:24 am 
80 cc

Hi Andy. Can you post details about the bike. Miles
, cost, consition. Cheers

Post subject: Re: Yamaha TT-R 250 2004 Blue tank totally sorted!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:57 pm 
80 cc

Sorry folks!

NOW SOLD!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]