TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Portugal partner(s) in crime required
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:29 pm 
125cc

Gaffaman wrote:
Hello, Im definately up for this. Camping at least most of the time I presume. What sort of mileages between fuel stops is expected?

Hi mate

See my reply to Paul above

Dan :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:21 am 
80 cc

dan66 wrote:
agour wrote:
Hey Dan,

I might be interested in this! I was considering doing a trip to Morocco early next year, but then also started weighing up Spain with it being closer to home. Are you planning on doing it 'on the cheap' and camping along the way?

I've been out learning to trail ride in the peak district on my Ktm 640, but I'm yearning to do a longer trip than 'a few local lanes'.

I can't PM yet anyway as I'm not a member (yet).

Cheers
Paul

hi Paul

I will take a tent but find the Hostels (cheap hotels not youth hostels!) can be almost as inexpensive and enable a quick get away in the morning so it'll be a mix I should think. Get back to me when you can PM and we can discuss, or if you are near the Peak book onto one of our Manchester rides and let me know, we can discuss it.

Dan

Awesome, sounds good :)

I'll be going to the next Manchester meeting (next Monday I think?), so I'll find out about the rides and such from there I'm sure. But I'll likely become a member soon too, so will pm you then

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:03 am 
125cc

agour wrote:
dan66 wrote:
agour wrote:
Hey Dan,

I might be interested in this! I was considering doing a trip to Morocco early next year, but then also started weighing up Spain with it being closer to home. Are you planning on doing it 'on the cheap' and camping along the way?

I've been out learning to trail ride in the peak district on my Ktm 640, but I'm yearning to do a longer trip than 'a few local lanes'.

I can't PM yet anyway as I'm not a member (yet).

Cheers
Paul

hi Paul

I will take a tent but find the Hostels (cheap hotels not youth hostels!) can be almost as inexpensive and enable a quick get away in the morning so it'll be a mix I should think. Get back to me when you can PM and we can discuss, or if you are near the Peak book onto one of our Manchester rides and let me know, we can discuss it.

Dan

Awesome, sounds good :)

I'll be going to the next Manchester meeting (next Monday I think?), so I'll find out about the rides and such from there I'm sure. But I'll likely become a member soon too, so will pm you then

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Its the last Monday of the month. I may go myself.

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:31 pm 
80 cc

Hi Dan

I'd be interested in looking at this, we rode for 5 days in the Pyrenees this year and have just done both a northern and a Wales C2C this year...

Myself and possibly a couple of others, our base is in the Lakes and one over near Selby... possibly 3 of us if you want that many?

If not I would be interested in exploring the route options as this is the plan for my next project ride...

Cheers
Steve

DR350 SEW, Sherco 290 & KTM 400 EXC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:21 pm 
125cc

sstout wrote:
Hi Dan

I'd be interested in looking at this, we rode for 5 days in the Pyrenees this year and have just done both a northern and a Wales C2C this year...

Myself and possibly a couple of others, our base is in the Lakes and one over near Selby... possibly 3 of us if you want that many?

If not I would be interested in exploring the route options as this is the plan for my next project ride...

Cheers
Steve

PM me we can exchange numbers and chat about it.

Dan :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:44 pm 
125cc

Hi there, is this still brewing in the background?
your original post said The dates I have in mind are 31 May to 22 June 2015, sailing the Portsmouth to Bilboa Brittany 'econonie' crossing.
AS that was in August 2015 I assume you mean 2016.
Have you reached number limit?
I have a CRF250X, tank range 70m but carry an 2L bottle that gives me ~100m range.
Based in Bristol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:32 pm 
125cc

dan66 wrote:
Hi all,

Next year I am hoping to return to Portugal to attempt a north/south dirt road journey across the country. Ideally I'd like to find someone to join me for the trip to share the fun. The dates I have in mind are 31 May to 22 June 2015, sailing the Portsmouth to Bilboa Brittany 'econonie' crossing.

I have a route through Portugal which is 80-90% dirt of which I have completed half of last year. I am working on the GPS plot to try and get the ratio of dirt higher (and improve my GPS skills :lol: ).

Here is a hotlink to a previos post viewtopic.php?f=59&t=19040&start=0

If you fancy this trip drop me a PM.

Hiya Dan

Can you email me at steve at dexterbeef.co.uk please if you get this message. The forum is being stupid about allowing my PM's.

I am planning an off road trip in N Portugal this coming Spring and would love to tap your brains :-) Looking to go with a mate (if he gets his act together) around the beginning of May!

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:27 pm 
125cc

Hardly worth starting a new thread as those who are interested are already here! ;)

I am keen to ride in Portugal this coming Spring, probably the early/middle of May. I was hoping to go down with a couple mates, but they have now both decided on alternative entertainments! One trekking in Nepal, one to the Nord Kapp... So, I am now in a bit of a "Billy No Mates" quandary as I still want to do this trip this year, but I will not off road on my own as it is both daft and lonely!! Got one guy interested who is a decent enough bloke, but does need a LOT of nursemaiding :?

My VERY provisional idea was to ferry to Santander from Pompey, then ride across the Picos by road and establish a base camp for at least part of the trip. I do like camping, but as I hear that as accommodation is pretty modest in price, why rough it...? Nothing set in stone, but I will not trail ride laden with camping gear, come what may! However a camping base camp may well work...

I'd be interested to hear from anyone doing a similar trip, wanting to do a trip, and most important, HAS done such a trip! I have a few routes/tracks from mates and Wikiloc, but it will be a bit of ride into the unknown for me, so any idea would be hugely welcome!!

As the forum PM system is complete crap, post here or email me at: trfatdexterbeef co uk Change the "at" to @ and add the dotds!!

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:20 pm 
50 cc

I'm currently booked on Plymouth-Santander ferry on the 17th April heading to Albufeira, hoping to do as many trails as possible on the way down.

I'm also not a huge fan of riding alone, if anyone else is in the area it would be great to tag along for a while.

Chris.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2