TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fellowship at it's best
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:41 pm 
125cc

I know there are quite a few cross-over members on here from the Adventure Bike Riders forum, at a recent event based in Farnham, the Surrey TRF were approached to see if they could provide some ride leaders for the event, which was a group of about 24 riders of mixed ability and a varying bike sizes from a Honda Varadero 125cc to the bigger bikes, like the Triumph Tiger 800xc.
So the group was split up into 4, 2 on the more usual type bikes exc's and the like, and 2 bigger bike groups, well the Surrey TRF stepped up and did an excellent job, so a really big Thank you to Steve, Colin and Paul for leading the group's over the weekend and Scott for TEC, and all the other offers of help, everyone had a great time not even a hint of a grumble, just mud and smiles all round.
Would also like to thank Derek for taking time out to mark some maps and the road books that really helped and will be used on the next event.
I just think this shows the true spirit of the Fellowship, and as an added bonus, lots of good reviews and comments about the TRF , on Facebook groups, and other forums ( the main topic, has had over 12400 views from inception ).
Thanks Stewie and the ABR crew.

Post subject: Re: Fellowship at it's best
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:02 pm 
80 cc

Yep thanks guys, mine was the Tiger 800 xc, excellent weekend and excellent leaders.... a big thumbs up from me.

Si

Post subject: Re: Fellowship at it's best
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:55 am 
125cc

I had volunteered to lead a "big bike" run after having a couple of nice dry rides on my local lanes; forgetting that by the time the event came along, the weather might be very different.

So, with it having rained quite a bit in the days leading up to the event and the forecast being for more, it was with some trepidation that I turned up at the pub to meet my charges for the day.

I took out a mixed bag of "he'll have no problems on that" to "bloody hell! I wouldn't want to lug that about".

The guys I took out were a good bunch, with a great attitude and very capable on their machines.

Would I do it again ??

Of course I would, it was a crack.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]