TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: HARDALPITOUR 2014
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:58 am 
80 cc

The HARDALPITOUR is now in its 6th year, attracting riders from all over Europe.
The aim of the event is to ride over 550km with GPS, off-road through some amazing mountains and terrain in northwest Italian Alps within 24 hours.

Check out some videos of previous Rally’s here.

http://youtu.be/23CZWRkOgpQ

HARDALPITOUR is not a competition, it is a Rally aimed at riders of bikes around over 150Kg, which are looking for adventure and a challenge. Single dual sport bikes are more than welcome.

The Rally is organised by Home - OVER2000RIDERS , who run guided off-road tours and training days in and around the region. Their knowledge of the terrain is second to none.

HARDALPITOUR has also been included in the annual programme of FMI (Federazione Motociclistica Italiana).

EVENT PROGRAM HARDALPITOUR 2014

Meeting in Priola (Cuneo) at 08:30 am on 6th September 2014.

Start at 13.30 departures from Priola.

Finishing Cesana Torinese (Turin) 12.00-16:00 on 7th September

From the start line along the way there will be 4 locations where riders can get hot food, drink and rest.
This facility is provided by the organiser and included in the entrance fee.

Also included in the entrance fee is, Insurance, EuropAssistance, commemorative t-shirt and all GPS track and waypoints.

NEW EVENT: THE ULTIMATE HARDALPITOUR 2014

For those riders who have successfully completed one of the previous edition it will possible to entry The Ultimate Hardalpitour: an over 850 km challenge to be ride within 48 hours!

At the end of first 24 hours stage “Ultimate” riders will arrive to a mountain bivouac at Refugee Alpe Piana at 2090 meters asl in Valle Argentera. Here there will be lunch and facility to rest for up to 10 hours. Riders will be free to camp in their own tents or to hire a bed in the refugee. Following a midnight dinner teams will start the second stage: 300 km of trails on the mountains around Val di Susa finishing in Sauze d’Oulx between 12:00 and 14:00 on Monday the 8th of September 2014
Lunch, dinner and camping facilities at the bivouac along with two rest points providing hot drinks and cold food in the second stage will be provided by the organiser and included in the entrance fee.

Participation limited to single cylinder dual sport bikes weighing around 150 kg and twin cylinder adventure / off-road bikes, forming a team of three riders.
Solo entrants are welcome to meet other bikers looking to form a team on the Facebook page

Over2000riders | Facebook

Each team must have at least one GARMIN compatible to load event tracks and waypoints.

Cost of participation:
HARDALPITOUR: 150 € per person including the cost of joining FMI.
ULTIMATE HARDALPITOUR: 260 € per person including the cost of joining FMI(this price will be confirmed)
Reservation are now open.

UK RIDERS AND TEAMS ENQUIRES: There are facilities for anyone wishing to ship bikes to and from the event, as well as secure storage in Turin. The approximate cost will be around Euro 500. This figure is to be confirmed. Transport of luggage from start to finish line can also be arranged. Anyone interested in this option should contact Nic who is managing foreign entries for HARDALPITOUR 2014. If you have any enquires then please feel free to contact via the PM service or at

nicola.deliguori@over2000riders.com

Looking forward to riding together through the most amazing tracks in the Alps

Nic

2012 Multistrada
2008 LC8 ADV S
2003 LC8 ADV

Post subject: Re: HARDALPITOUR 2014
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm 
80 cc

HARDALPITOUR EXTREME

This is now open to all riders including those that are at their first experience with the event.

At the end of first 24 hours stage “Ultimate” riders will arrive to a mountain bivouac at Refugee Alpe Piana at 2090 meters asl in Valle Argentera. Here there will be lunch and facility to rest for up to 10 hours. Riders will be free to camp in their own tents or to hire a bed in the refugee. Following a midnight dinner teams will start the second stage: 300 km of trails on the mountains around Val di Susa finishing in Sauze d’Oulx between 12:00 and 14:00 on Monday the 8th of September 2014
Lunch, dinner and camping facilities at the bivouac along with two rest points providing hot drinks and cold food in the second stage will be provided by the organiser and included in the entrance fee.

For more info contact me on PM or nicola.deliguori@over2000riders.com.

Ciao

Nic

2012 Multistrada
2008 LC8 ADV S
2003 LC8 ADV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:22 pm 
300 cc

This sounds like a fantastic event!
I would love to take part, but it won't happen this year,due to family circumstances.
Maybe next year, or the year after,or........... :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:23 am 
80 cc

I would be up for that if there was two other

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 pm 
80 cc

I would also love this event, but I don't think I am ready yet...
Nicola has posted in another forum that some solo raiders have contacted him to help them teaming, and that he would be happy to do that, so if you are in this situation you should send him an email.
Cheers,
Gonzalo

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:40 pm 
80 cc

All booked up for the 36 hour, come on guys what are you frightened of

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:31 am 
125cc

I was soooo tempted to do the Hardalpitour this year, catch the train down from Holland and then do the event.

However, I was persuaded to do the Spanish HISS in the Pyrenees the week before and there is only so much time off a bloke can grab!! Next year??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:27 pm 
50 cc

HAT is a nice experience for the whole team, for many reasons.
Each one has to push himself to the limit, 24h riding on a >150kg trail/dual bike is not usual so you have to trust your body, your bike and your teammates.
In my opinion has to be done with friends, people you can trust and you are in confidence with because any problem or decision has to be faced clearly and without any social/verbal restriction.
I live one hour driving from hat departure, Last year we drove 930km in 35 hrs without sleeping. The worst part has been Sunday afternoon coming back home. 250km on asphalt ways across Piemonte flatlands under a 35ºC sun. We say "toothpicks on the eyes" to stay awake!
But when I reached the garage door I was really happy and ready to leave for another ride!
Tracks are not so difficult, the worst is downhill from colle Gilba at 2/3.00 in the night trough a never ending stony lane (is that the right term? ), so I think anyone with basic off road skills could reach the score.
Last year 284 riders, 80 foreigners; this year don't know yet the total number but I know there are 240 foreigners, from Colorado as well.
Anyway, I am ready to start once again! If you are interested in, i will send a report anf few pics next week, after the arrival.
Sorry guys about my poor English, still improving!

Dav.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]