TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: winter Tyre for GSA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:24 pm 
650 cc Monster

Hi my name is mike and i ride a GSA1200 anywhere i can.

i take it off road with my friend Tony and Its very heavy but it is geared just ....... I dont live in Sussex but they are very nie people down there and they have great lanes and they beat me to the first post

i am looking to change the tyres for the winter as the ones on there (TKC80 on the front and Mittas on the back) are worn. I am looking for something to use on the local roads, slippy with mud, Motorway and maybe a bit of light winter green landing.

Post subject: Re: winter Tyre for GSA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:28 pm 

Welcome on board Mike.

I have had good times on the TKC80s-------apart from mileage. Otherwise great front and year.

Is your mitas the E-07?

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:37 pm 
650 cc Monster

red wrote:
Welcome on board Mike.

I have had good times on the TKC80s-------apart from mileage. Otherwise great front and year.

Is your mitas the E-07?

dont know what it is i will have to ask my Butler....i know the Knobblies are cracked and my mate Tony's fell off but he got another one from our other mate Gwyn Barroclough as compensation but he didn't put it on but put new TKC80's on instead and he has put his bike away for the winter so we won't know how well they work in winter and as he has put his bike away are you and me and some of of the other adventure bikers on here going to do a winter run with some easy lanes so we dont drop 'em because the are too heavy to lift up ( imagine trying to say this lot without taking a breath because i have forgotten to put in any full stops. :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:50 pm 

My Tiger is an all yearer. But its also used for Blood and Milk Running, so cant have too off road orientated tyres. So Dunlops Trail Max 91s on mine as DS tyres..

But will be on some lanes. :)

WR400F..Gone for a song.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:07 pm 
80 cc

Hi, Gonzalo here. I ride a X Challenge, and I am also thinking about the next tyres.
Initially I was thinking about the TKC80s, but I am a bit concerned about the wear, as I commute everyday on the bike, and my wife will kill me if I need a new tyre more than once a year.
I have also heard about the Heindau K60 M+S... longer lasting and very good on wet tarmac, they say.
I will be watching this thread, any more information will be appreciated.
Cheers,
Gonzalo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:25 pm 

The scouts are ok, but not as comfortable.

WR400F..Gone for a song.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:36 pm 
125cc

I use a set of Metzler 'Enduro 3' sort of tractor pattern, good on road & trails but not in deep mud on my XT660R & drop one tooth on the g/box sprocket. For mud I use a set of Metzler trail block tread tyres again good on road cornering but will show wear on long road use, normally drop 2 teeth on the g/box if used on muddy trails. Out of interest in summer I use a set of Metzler Tourance EXP, really good tyres give a lot of confidence cornering.

Still it gives me a lot of tyre swopping practice :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:14 pm 
125cc

I’ve been trawling the internet looking at reviews on dual sport tyres and have decided that they are no help at all, they just contradict each other. My head is spinning with it all. Anyway I think I will go for the TKC 80s or maybe the Hiedenau K60s, or what about the Metzeler MCE Karoo T. Oh I don’t know :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:28 pm 
650 cc Monster

Its a toughie . Like you i think i know what i want and then.....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:48 am 
200 cc

Hi Mike im currently running the maxxis c6006 dualsport tire in the back of my tenere, the compound is a little hard for any serious offroad use but is holding up well to the motorway, and its quiet too. Fitted it after my mitas army fell in bits. Just be gentle with the throttle as itll spin up quite easily if your a loonatic ;)

Maxxis on the right dead mitas on the left. Oh and they are very reasonably priced. Im 1800 miles allready on mine with 3mm wear on the tread :D this tire will last,a long time I think

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycl ... trail-tyre

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next