TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Norfolk TRO solution
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:03 am 
400 cc

No worries mate, your not stupid (or even blind).

You can't see the byway on the map because it isn't shown 8-)

Highway authorities should inform the OS of any changes or additions to the definitive map so they can be added at the next reprint but it doesn't allways happen.

The maps for many areas are running behind by several years and if you already own a map of the area then it may have been several years old when you got it and that could be several years ago etc, etc.

All the other newish routes that I know of in Norfolk have eventually made it onto the OS maps so I'm sure this will too in time but don't hold your breath. It could well take several years before you can actually walk into Smiths and by a map with this lane shown and even then it will show the legal route which is TROed not the permissive alternative.

Don't worry about that though because they start and finnish at the same points and the county council have said that the permitted route will be signed so hopefully it will be apparent on the ground.

Any problems let me know and I'll do what I can to help out.

Cheers

Richard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:45 pm 
80 cc

Thanks ever so much for your help. I have tried to keep up to date with the OS maps but even if you buy a brand new one it says last revised in 2006 or similar like you say!

Now this may be another bone question but how do you know where these routes are if they are not labelled on a map? :?

I will try this route out over the weekend so thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:31 am 

I've had reports of a deliberate blockage at the Bridgham Heath end of this lane (http://www.bdcc.co.uk/XMarksTheSpot.htm?g=TL9354586464) and I was able to confirm this over the weekend

Attachment:
Brettenham_bridgham bales.jpg
Brettenham_bridgham bales.jpg [ 487.57 KiB | Viewed 16152 times ]

These bales have obviously been there for some time, and it looks like a temporary notice has been removed as well. Apparently the bales were 2 rows higher previously. Also, because of the bales or just general lack of use, the lane has become very overgrown and difficult to find.

It looks like there has been a chain pulled across the entrance as well, although that now looks to have been undone.

I'll report it this morning using the online form - http://www.countrysideaccess.norfolk.go ... ct-us.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:01 pm 
400 cc

Interesting!

I did know about this but hadn't actually seen it. i know that th e4x4 guys (GLASS/BLROC) have reported this as well so it's rather disapointing that it's not been dealt with.

By the way, just for the record, if this obstruction is where you have shown on the X marks the spot map then it is on the statutory BOAT not on the permissive part. It can therefore be dealt with by legal means if that were to prove necessary :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 pm 

It's definitely on the Statutory BOAT part - I was standing in the road to take the photo!

I'll let you know if I hear anything back from NCC, but I won't be holding my breath :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:41 pm 
200 cc

11/08/2010

Just tried to ride this lane and still blocked

come on chaps what the hell is going on here why has this not been resolved its been illegaly blocked and we have done nothing to change it. i told you guys some time ago in may infact it was on may 31 st but i stated it was blocked two weeks prior to this

do we just take this lying down or do i have to pull it down myself or would you care to help

hornet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:21 pm 

Thanks for the update. What a pack of wasters.

I'm going to chase this again now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:39 pm 

I've just called the NCC and they referred me to a team that deal with Peddars Way in particular (01328 850350). I gave the map reference and mentioned the fact that this has been reported multiple times since 31st May, stating that I will be raising a Stage 1 complaint if it is not resolved soon. Unfortunately, the people responsible have gone home but should call tomorrow. The very nice lady on the phone did state that they do not always get to hear issues from the main Norfolk team, which is a reason but not an acceptable excuse.

I've also resubmitted a complaint form, this time stating that the problem is urgent (blocking off a public right of way for 3 months and getting away with it is NOT a good signal to rogue landowners).

Hornet, can you let me know how you reported the bales on 31st May? Have you got any call details, names, acknowledgement info or reference numbers? In fact, did you contact NCC at all, or did you refer the problem to someone else completely?

Has anyone else raised this issue with NCC?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:52 pm 
300 cc

Surely a few of us could just go there and remove it,I d be up for with some help.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:05 pm 

It's definitely an option, but if the council isn't involved or informed then there's no obvious record of the incident. If we could at least get an acknowledgement from the council then it wouldn't be such a problem if some of the bales accidentally fell down.

In the meantime, I believe that some bikes have been able to make their way in/out about 100 yards to the left of the bales as pictured.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next